Residence Permit in the case of Retirement for Person who is 50 years or Over

1. Qualifications for the Applicant.

1.1 An alien being 50 years of age and above (on the date of submitting and application).

1.2 Not being a person prohibited from entering the Kingdom.

1.3 Having no criminal record against the security of Thailand and the country of his/her nationality, or the country of his/her residence.

1.4 Having the nationality of or the residence in the country where his/her application is submitted.

1.5 Not having prohibitive diseases as indicated in the Ministerial Regulation No. 14 (B.E. 2535) (Leprosy, Tuberculosis (T.B.), Elephantiasis, Drug Addiction, Alcoholism, Third step of Syphilis)

1.6 Not being allowed to work in Thailand.  

2. Documents for the Application. (requiring 3 sets in original)

2.1 A passport valid no less than one year and a half.

2.2 Three copies of a Visa Application Form (with photos).

2.3 A Personal Data Form.

2.4 A copy of a bank statement showing a deposit at the amount equal to no less than 800,000 Baht, or an income certificate (an original copy) with a monthly salary of no less than 65,000 Baht, or a deposit account plus a monthly income of no less than 800,000 Baht a year.

2.5 In the case of the bank statement, a letter of guarantee from the bank (an orginal copy) is to be shown as well.

2.6 Verification stating that the applicant has no criminal record issued from the county of his/her nationality or residence (the verification shall be valid for no more than 3 months).

2.7 A medical certificate issued from the country where the application is submitted, showing no prohibitive diseases as indicatted in the Ministerial Regulation No. 14 (B.E. 2535) (the certificate shall be valid for no more than 3 months).

2.8 In case that the applicant wishes to have his/her spouse stay together in the Kingdom but the spouse is not qualified for the long stay visa, their marriage certificate shall also be produced as evidence and should be notarized by notary organs or the applicant’s diplomatic/consular mission.  (The spouse will be considered for temporary stay under category “O”).

3. Recommendations for the Alien While Staying in the Kingdom.

3.1 When completing the stay of 90 days in the Kingdom, the alien shall report to the competent authority and repeat it every 90 days with the immigration officer in the alien’s residence area, or report to the police station in the alien’s residence area if there is no immigration control there. (In order to report to the competent authority by mail, the alien shall do as follows: – The Report Form (To Mo 47) together with a copy of the passport pages showing the alien’s photo, personal details, and the latest arrival visa stamp as well as a self addressed evelop with postage affixed, shall be forwarded, by 7 days before the due date, by acknowledgement of receipt mail to the Immigration Bureau, Sathon Tai Road, Sathon District, Bangkok 10120. – In the case of conducting any following reports, the Reply Form for the previous report shall be enclosed as well.)

3.2 At the end of the one-year stay, the alien who wishes to extend his/her stay shall submit a request for the extended period at the Immigration Bureau with documented evidence of money transfer, or a deposit account in the Kingdom, or an income certificate, at the amount of no less than 800,000 Baht, or an income certificate plus a deposit account at the total amount of no less than 800,000 Baht a year.

3.3 If the alien’s spouse wishes to extend his/her stay as well, the marriage certificate shall be produced. 

Thailand Embassy in Mexico

Adress: Paseo de las Palmas No.1610 Lomas de Chapultepec México D.F. 11000
Phone: (+52-55) 5540 4551, 5540 a 4529
Fax: (52-55) 5540 - 4817


Subscribe to newsletter

To receive the monthly newsletter from the Embassy, please subscribe your email here: