This type of visa is issued to persons wishing to enter Thailand for the following purposes:
2. Persons who are in charge or drivers / crew members of a means of transport arriving at an airport, gate, or station in Thailand.
3. Participation in competition / sports tournament
For connecting flights, you can stay in the Airport up to 8 hours without visa. Please make sure that you do not need to pass the migration or change airport.
Normally, applications are processed within 2 business days if presented in person and meet all the correct requirements. The application by mail will have the same duration, plus shipping time. The Embassy suggests that you process your visa at least 15 days before the date of departure, and present the documents in the order shown below.
The Embassy reserves the right to request more documents, delay applications and / or refuse visas if non-compliance with the requirements and / or bad faith is detected.
There is no express service.
You can apply for the transit visa up to 4 entries. The price is 30 USD per entry.
1 entry 30 USD
2 entries 60 USD
3 entries 90 USD
4 entries 120 USD
The Transit visa must be used to transit through Thailand within 90 days after the date of issue. Travelers arriving to Thailand with this type of visa will be allowed to stay in the Kingdom for a period not exceeding 30 days.
*If you are going to apply for the visa at the Honorary Consulate of Thailand in Guadalajara or the Honorary Consulate of Thailand in Cuba, please contact those offices directly to receive information on the required documents (CLICK HERE)
1. The application form printed and signed by the applicant (NOTE: For tourist and transit visa application, there are 2 spaces to sign on the form). The signature must be the same as the one in the passport. (Fill Application Form here)
2. A recent color photograph, 3,5 x 4,5 cm. (Photocopies are not accepted). The photograph must be taken formally, white background, without wearing a hat or dark glasses and must be taken within 6 months. Informal photographs will not be accepted.
3. Original valid passport at least 6 months without any defect.
4. A copy of the passport (first page containing applicant information)
5. Proof of reservation of transportation showing the date of entry and departure of Thailand. There must be the name of the applicant in the document. If you are going in a group, please check that the reservation voucher has the correct name according to the name of the applicant. Both the request with reservation that does not carry a name and that which carries incorrect names, even if they go in group and their name is in the reservation of another applicant, can be equally delayed and / or rejected.
6. Proof of hotel reservation or lodging.
7. Proof of income (letter of employment and/or bank statement). In case the proof is not in the name of the applicant, please attach a letter signed by the holder of the proof, under protest of truth, confirming that he/she will cover the applicant's travel expenses and a copy of official identification
8. Proof of address on the name of the applicant. Applicants who do not have a passport from Mexico, or Guatemala, Belize, Cuba, Honduras or Nicaragua, where the Royal Embassy of Thailand in Mexico has jurisdiction, must present a copy of proof of residence in Mexico (FM2 / FM3), Guatemala , Belize, Cuba, Honduras or Nicaragua.
9. If you send the documents by courier, you must send a prepaid guide that includes pickup for the return of the passport.
10. Original proof of payment. Applicants must pay the cost of the visa in the bank account of the Embassy.
1. Payments in Mexico: Only Scotiabank deposit are accepted. Interbank transfers and online transfers are not accepted.
2. Payments abroad (outside Mexico), at the time of making the deposit must also pay the commission charged by the bank for the international transfer (35.53 USD, approx.). EMBASSY DO NOT ABSORBATE THIS COST.
3. Payments in GUATEMALA: ONLY TRANSFERS OF THE INDUSTRIAL BANK ARE ACCEPTED (NO JP MORGAN CHASE, NO BAC)
Visa Processing Time:
Applying in person: Applications will be processed and ready in 2 days.
1. Complete the Visa Application Form Online (Click)
2. Print and sign the application form. Please note that for the tourist visa, the applicant needs to have 2 signatures in the form.
3. Prepare all the requirements.
4. Make the payment.
5. Submit the application at the Royal Thai Embassy. (Monday - Friday, from 9.00 to 12.00, please see the Calendar for holidays)
Applying through post mail : Applications will be processed and ready in 2 days, plus mailing time)
1.You can submit a completed visa application form (must be signed by the applicant) and required documents to The Royal Embassy of Thailand in Mexico:
Paseo de las Palmas No.1610 Lomas de Chapultepec México D.F. 11000
2. We require you to enclose a self-addressed envelope with sufficient postage stamps.
3. Please note that the Royal Thai Consulate General is not responsible for any loss or damage to your passport and documents due to mishandling by mail services.